Monday, November 3, 2008

My Etsy Shop

Did you know I have an etsy shop? Neither did I, well not until recently anyway.

A while ago I registered on etsy.com to be able to purchase handmade items from wonderful crafters and artists. I had forgotten all about it. I remembered while visiting dj Pettitt's etsy shop ( http://www.djpettitt.etsy.com/ )and thought why not open a shop myself and give it a try. DJ is one of my favorite artists. Her artwork is so inspirational. I am a habitual crafter, I have a need to keep my mind and hands busy. I am always learning or teaching myself new crafting or art skills.
I painted some baby shoes a while back for a craft show here locally and had some left so I've added them to my shop. I got this idea from a craft magazine, several of which I buy regularly.
I like recycling things and altering items. I recently found painting and collaging on old license plates to be a fun and creative outlet. I've painted several of these as gifts (shhh) and decided to add some of them to my shop.


It's been fun coming up with ideas for hangers and embellishments for these car tag wall hangings. Kids love them, at least my granddaughter does.

So if you wish to have a look here's my etsy shop addy:

http://www.tess1960.etsy.com/

We're having Indian Summer weather here, it's been beautiful outside. The temps been in the 70's and the leaves are turning such beautiful colors. I hope you all are enjoying the start of November. The holidays and colder weather will be upon us before we know it. Consider buying handmade or making your holiday gifts yourself this year. Handmade can be lots of fun and most people will appreciate that special personal touch. (Another shameless plug for etsy.com, I love that place.)

Happy day,

Tess

No comments: