Thursday, November 6, 2008

Poets Reading with Diane Tegarden

I've been invited to do a live reading of my own poetry. Can you believe it? I know I couldn't at first. I met Diane years ago at Ryze.com. We finally spoke for the first time last night. Oh how we connected, I so enjoyed our conversation. She was so easy to talk to. She has helped assure me my voice is ok and I can do this. Reading my own poetry out loud to an audience is like opening an old wound and inviting others to throw stuff at it. Well atleast that was how I felt until last night. I am proud of my writing abilities. I'm not really as educated as most poets or writers are and I've allowed that to hold me back, but not any more. So join me with Diane if you will. With all the excitement of the election and

After all the ballyhoo and bombast, it's time to take a break with us!

The Storytellers, Poets and Bards of the World join Diane Tegarden, poetess and author, as she hosts half-hour poetry readings on Internet Voices Radio with her gregarious guests!


WHERE: http://internetvoicesradio.com

LISTENERS CALL IN# 866-977-4887

WHEN: Every Tuesday in November (11th, 18th, and 25th)

TIME: 2:30pm PST/ 3:30pm MST/ 4:30pm CST/ 5:30pm EST

Join us for a charming half-hour of unique poetry and author's chat as Diane and her guests read you their poetry and discuss the larger social issues touching their lives.


HERE IS THE SHOW SCHEDULE:

Date= Show Theme= Guest Names

Nov 11th= Miracles=
Guests: Billy, Christian, Teresa Mahieu, and Wanda

Nov 18th= Loneliness=
Guests: Lillian B., Maria A., Arvind, and Marva

Nov 25th= Domestic Abuse=
Guests: Ally, Marsha, and Lillian Brummet.

**************************************************************************
Grab a cup of coffee, sit back and relax. Take this break from your everyday world to enjoy the new vistas brought to you by these fresh, original poets!

**************************************************************************

You may or may not recognize some of the names. But I have confidence that one day they'll be known and you'll be able to say I heard him or I heard her read that poem out loud. You can find many of these fine poets and authors on ryze.com or associatedcontent.com among other places. I've posted some of my poetry here and at http://www.associatedcontent.com/tess1960

May you all be blessed with a wonderful day,

Teresa aka Tess

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

hi tess...i think that's awesome that you've been given an opportunity to read your poetry!! you go girl! and...i love your baby shoes...they're so cute and colorful! :)