Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January's Journal - Day 14 - Green

I'm still working on Misty Mawn's Journaling Challenge. I've visited so many wonderful artists blogs and seen such wonderful stuff. There are a lot of people participating in Misty's Challenge. So much inspiration out there. I hope to make many new online artists friends with this challenge also.
When I seen the color for today was green I knew I had to use some of the many green tea bag wrappers I have been saving. I think this is a great start, a background of sorts:I didn't know what to do with it so I sat it aside and started a collage. I was thinking of green tea 4 two in a big green field sitting on a blanket. I am not completely happy with the outcome but it is what I had planned. Clouds are harder than I thought, at least for me anyway. I wanted to use some of the tea bag wrappers to make more clouds and I used some of the green fiber paper. I covered some of it over with tissue paper as it was awful. Lessons learned, I have Misty to thank for that. Her challenge and me attempting that challenge. I wanted to make a few ATC's also and came up with these:





I hope you've enjoyed my bit of green. Tomorrow's color for the challenge is white. Today I've been thinking white on white, snow white. Hmm! I really have no idea how I'm going to attempt this one. It will be interesting to see what others come up with. It's very cold here in the land of Oz. We have a cold front coming in. I am grateful though as it isn't nearly as cold as it is in Minnesota. Brrrrr!
You all have a good evening and please try to stay warm.
Tess

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great collage. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

clicking through to this post has been particularly inspiring for me...your experimentation is so unbelievably encouraging to me...i am trying to have more courage in experimenting...sometimes i feel so silly to think of how i have built up all this tension over a little paint and paper...sometimes i have to walk away and remind myself to just be...in this way artistic expression is such a mirror for broader things in living...

thank you for this inspiring post and for your kind words and comments...

lori vliegen said...

wow, tess...you came up with so many wonderful designs...and all with a tea bag!! i really enjoyed seeing all of your different variations on one theme! great job! :)

p.s. stay warm!!

turquoise cro said...

LOL I have saved some green tea bags too but never used them yet!!! Great ATCs!I LOVE your picnic collage!It looks sooOOOOOooO inviting!!!It's supposed to get down to 0 tonight!! Brrrrr! Keep warm too!