Monday, January 26, 2009

January's Journal Day 26

Hello-Hello,


I have so much to tell you about tonight. First off Misty's challenge prompts for this week i emotions. Make art around am emotion you are feeling. My journal entry for today is this post and the emotion I am feeling is blessed.




First off the mailman delivered a special package to me today. I won this wonderful fabric journal from elvie studio and it came today of all days. It is fabulous, nicer than I ever could have imagined.



I just received an emergency phone call, more tomorrow......


It's the 27th in the AM. I thought I had hit publish last night, guess not. My phone call was my son-in-law. My oldest daughter fell in the bathroom and hit her head on the toilet. EMT's were there and he needed me to come stay with my granddaughter. The head injury turned out to be the back of the neck just beyond the ear, she has a big knot there. The ER doctor ordered a CT scan of her head and neck. No broken neck or skull fracture though. That was the good news. The bad news is they found a brain tumor on the right front side of her head. Bobbie was diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic recently due to her behavior over the past year. She has been suffering from severe migraines for about 6 months now, maybe more. We all thought it was the psych meds causing it. She also has developed problems with motor skills and falling down a lot. Again the doctors told her it's the meds, you have to be more careful. They let him take her home last night. She has a doctors order for an MRI to be done the 27th or 28th. The stressed to my son-in-law that he is to make the appt.'s and make sure she is there. Her discharge follow up paper says to call her regular doctor in the AM to schedule a same day appt. The E.R. doctor called him last night. He told my son-in-law and doctor that her regular doctor will be expecting the call. Needless to say my blessed feeling yesterday rapidly dwindled to fear. A dark cloud has been over her for so long and it seems to be only getting darker. I hate this sense of dread, fear, uselessness. Please pray for her, she really is a good kid. When they came in the door last night she looked me straight in the eye and said, "Mom will you take care of Raven when I die." I lost my breathe for a moment. I did finally say, Raven's daddy will take care of her and I will help, now don't say that again..........................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did do the giveaway drawing with Chuck last night. It was fun having him help me. There were 5 comments on that post so 5 names went into the sugar bowl.

Chuck drew the name for me.............................................................................

And the winner is..........

10 comments:

lori vliegen said...

hi tess...my thoughts are unrelated, but in order of importance. most importantly...i'm sorry that your daughter has been going through such a difficult time. as a mom, i can certainly understand all of your emotions! and while there's fear and uncertainty, i also see blessing in her fall...they have found the cause for all of her symptoms, the tumor, and now we can be specific in our prayers for her! i will most definitely be keeping your daughter, your family, and you(!) in my prayers.

secondly, i see that you received your journal! i hope that you have many, many wonderful and creative moments using it! and lastly, you pulled my name out of the sugar bowl?!! this is incredible! i NEVER win anything (maybe i should go out and buy a lottery ticket!). thanks tess! :)

angel said...

i'm sending prayers your way, to your daughter, son in law, granddaughter, everyone!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Lori, THank you for helping me to see the blessing in her fall. HE is truly mysterious in his ways. Prayers have been answered with a cause and now I thank you for the continued prayer for healing.
Yes, Chuck drew your name and I pointed to the journal and he gasped, "No kidding!". Funny how these things sometime work. I have the painting and a little bundle of paper things to send you way soon.
Angel, Thank you for the prayers, all prayers will be greatly appreciated. Names: Bobbie Jo, Robert and Raven. Her MRI is today at 2:15 CST.

Brenda Heisler said...

My heart goes out to you and your daughter. I'll say prayers. Sorry she's had a difficult time of it lately. The tumor was to blame for all of it!!

Please let us know how she does after the doctors help her. Our friend had chemo & radiation and now his tumor is gone!!

God bless.

Anne said...

Hi, Tess! What a roller coaster of a day! Maybe her hitting her head was a blessing in disguise, so ya'll could figure out the REAL problem and get it treated. Hoping for the best possible outcome! :-)

And thanks for stopping by my blog during OWOH!

Martha Lever said...

hi Tess, I also agree with Lori, this could turn out to be a blessing finding the tumor. I will pray for you and your daughter that they can get the tumor out and all her symptoms will disappear. Keep us informed.

----
The round circles on my piece are a very hightly practiced and developed skill...
toilet paper roll dipped in white paint! :)

Teresa aka Tess said...

I want to thank you all for your kind words and prayers. She has had the MRI and has an appointment with a neurosurgeon for February 19th. We are told it is so far off because they are booked. My son-in-law said he doesn't think she or he has ever had to sign so many papers on any one given day before. She does not remember meeting a new doctor yesterday or how the taped cottonball got on her arm. They have figured out the falling down is due to a numbness coming over the left leg every now and then. Right side of brain controls left side and she always falls to the left. They had not realized that falling to the left until yesterday. Please continue to pray for them. And thank you ever so much for your kind words. Yes, this fall was a blessing after all.......

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

tess, prayers and good thoughts are on my lips and in my heart for your entire family. it's really good for you to write about this and then know that others are holding you in prayer. wanda marie

Martha Lever said...

Oh, Tess, thanks for your comment. All I can ask for in my art is that HE is glorified. Thank you for a great blessing today!!oxox

turquoise cro said...

Sending YOU my LOVE and PRAYERS for all concerned Tess!especially your Sweet daughter!(((((Tess))))) YOU need a HUG!!!