Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle – the Altered Rhyme

twinkle twinkle little star
are you near or are you far?
do you shine upon the night,
to guide me till dawn's first light?
and when the day is shining bright,
twinkle twinkle little star ~
how i wonder where you are.

~copyrighted Teresa Mahieu
Sept.19th, 2008

I was invited to join a children's story and poetry weekly prompt challenge over at Monday's Child. The premise is to write a story or poem to go along with a photo prompt. While viewing the photo I remembered this one I had written a few years back and it seemed to fit. Do go and visit Monday's Child, you may be inspired to pen a verse or two.

I had a great 4th of July weekend that ended with rain and terrible leg pains. Rain y weather and the arthritis kicks in. I got to be a VIP and be part of the meet and greet and the merchandise crew. Hubby and I got to be in on the meet and greet of Eddie Money. We also met the band Seven Bridges Rd. They are a really great tribute to the Eagles band. I'll have pics to show soon. I have so many to go through and fix but am so pleased with my new camera.

Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be You, Tess

5 comments:

signed...bkm said...

Thank you Teresa for joining us at Monday's Child...I love your take on the original verse...as a guardian of the night....guiding us to dawn's first light....lovely

and thank you for promoting the site...hopefully each week we will find a few more to join...

blessings....bkm

lori vliegen said...

twinkle twinkle little star
what a wonderful friend you are!

i think your poem is a thousand times better than mine, tess! you always have such a wonderful way with words! i hope your leg is feeing better!! :))

Julia Christie said...

Great twist on a classic!

Smiles

Kristin said...

Yeah! You joined! I love what you have done here and look forward to seeing more of your poems and stories in the future! This is just beautiful, Kristin xo

lissa said...

nice new take, I don't remember the original but as I read it, I feel like it needs another line after 'shining bright', perhaps it's just me