Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gods Little Creatures

(He came up on the porch and took a siesta with my hubby standing just off to the left with camera in hand. He is layinf exactly the way one of my cats lays.)


Greetings Friends,


I've been a busy little beaver for some time now. My apologizes for neglecting my blog. Please kow that I have peeked in from time to time on many of your blogs.

We have been blessed with visits from God's little creatures lately and I wanted to share some pics here with you today.


This little guy was spotted recently foraging for a snack in our yard.

Our yard bunny is still doing fine. We think he has a friend too.


My hubby was delighted to catch this male house finch in his view finder. This little guy was not afraid of the human with the camera at all. Yes, you are seeing Christmas lights. This bush is dead so we left the lights on it. Now we can't remove it untill after the birds decide to move on as they are nesting in the bottom of the bush.

Easter was fun at mom's house again this year. This is my granddaughter Raven and my niece Angel. They are 6 months apart in age and both still love and expect the Easter egg hunt.

Mother's Day was a bit different this year as my mom went to Texas that weekend to meet my step dads new grandbaby. She said they had a lot of fun on the trip and all of her kids called her on Sunday.




I'm off to an Eagle Scout ceremony this afternoon and then to Camp Brown for to follow our Cub Scout Pack around during Chuck Wagon Days. I won't be climbing up the hill from rafting across the river this year. Doc says no as it would be to hard on my knees. My next Synvisc injections are scheduled for May 31st. I really am needing it. I'm hit a plateau with my weight loss but my flexiblity is better. The doc says he can tell I am building muscle and that is a good thing.


So what have you all been up to lately?


This week was my granddaughters DARE graduation and she has passed to the 6th grade. My baby girl will be a middle school student next year. She is both excited and anxious at the same time. She won the 5th grade Most Curious Award. We thought that fit her personality perfectly.



Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Safe,


Tess


3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad to see you posted. I was starting to worry about you. These photos are lovely, and the finch is possibly my favorite, although I thought it was a cardinal before I read about the little guy. Glad you didn't get rid of the bush until after the birds move on. And it sounds like you had a good Easter, too.

Mary C. Nasser said...

Wow! Love the photos of all your creatures visiting!

All of my art is inspired by nature, so this was great to find this post on a Monday morning! :)

So glad I found you through the miz kate dot com Artist blog hop!
I am your newest blog follower. :)
Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts!

I welcome you to check out my art blog, too!

Best,
Mary C. Nasser
http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

peggy gatto said...

I love what nature does and enjoyed your photos!!!