Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

What are you thankful for today?

I am thankful for the skilled hands of the surgeons.  This year I had a badly degenerated knee replaced and am doing just fine.  I am also thankful for the surgeon that did my mothers mastectomy.  I am so very thankful to be able to report she is doing great.  No chemo or radiation was needed,  I am so thankful for this miracle. :) Thank you all for your prayers.

I am also thankful for the many family and friends I have in my life.  I am blessed with a wonderful husband and two beautiful daughters.  I am thankful Bobbie Jo was accepted into HUD housing and her and Raven now have a cute two bedroom apartment to call their home.  A fresh start and a new beginning of sorts for them.  I am thankful for my scouting friends that help keep scouting alive in our town and supply such great support to me and other leaders or parents and the scouts when needed.
                                      
I am thankful for the wonderful teachers at Bellus Academy in Manhattan, Kansas for instilling such a great fondness of skin care within my youngest.  Billie Jo is now a graduate of Bellus Academy Estethics Program and can do wonderful facials, suggest proper skin care and is the queen of waxing. (If you haven't tried the Murad line of skincare products you must.  They are wonderful.) Her temp license arrived last week and she already has been offered a position at a wonderful Salon and Spa in my hometown. :)  She only lives a 20 min. drive away (depending on traffic or road repairs that are going on now maybe 30 min.).  Which means we may get to see more of her more often, yeah!!
                     (Here we are with Billie Jo on her graduation day.)

I am also thankful for the healthy birth of my newest nephew, James Jr., this past April.  His mommy has cerebral palsy and this was a risky pregnancy but she and baby came throuh it and I have another beautiful baby boy to spoil in my life.  :)  What can I say, I had daughters and always wanted a son; then was blessed with a granddaughter.  Sooo I spoil my "adopted sons" being cub scouts and my nephews.  It's all good! :)
                                                (Little James is 4 months old here.)

And there is sooo much more to be grateful/thankful for but I won't bore you any further.  So please do tell, what are you thankful for this 2012 Thanksgiving Day?

Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Safe,

Tess

No comments: