Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hello, Hello Lovely People,

It's been a rather strange beginning of spring here in Kansas. We've had lovely warm days, windy warm/cool days, sudden rain showers and downright cold days.  My allegries are kicking in, itchy watery eyes and I've had to use my rescue inhaler four times this past week. We've also had some field burning in the area which has made for some awful smoggy, smelly days.  I really don't think they should be burning fields this time of year because the wind can come up suddenly. I think those days caused the asthma/allergies to act up more than spring did.

I hope you all are having some nice spring days. I have tulips blooming. Yeah!  And a sweet cubscout brought a daffodil stem to each of his specail ladies at scouts last Thursday. J.J. is such a sweet kid. I do enjoy my little men. I work with Tigers, that is first graders.  I will be the Tiger leader again next school year as we have two Tiger parents that took training and signed up to be leaders this year so they will move on with their sons.

I have spent some time each day this past week working on a Life Book 2014 class.  I have officially created my first paint over collage.  Here it is before:

And here it is after:

There are lots of layers in this and I did learn a few techniques or tow or three or many. LOL! I love Tamara Laporte's artwork and this lesson was so much fun. I have seen paint overs before. Lisa Bebi does them and hers are completely different from Tam's. I love Lisa's too. There is so much to see and do and learn on the world wide web.  Art is calming and soothing for me.  Much like cheap (or sometimes not so cheap) therapy.

Hope you all have a good week ahead.

Be Happy, Be healthy, Be Safe,
Tess

1 comment:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Thanks so much for your visit to my blog Teresa! This is wonderful! You should do more art!!!