Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shine Quote

Greetings to all,

I found a new site today that I may check back on frequently. Self portrait challenges are something I feel I would have trouble with and yet I think a self portrait challenge could be interesting and help one learn about oneself. The August challenge is get your shine on or shine. Visit http://www.selfportaitchallenge.net/ to find out more.



I found this site through Misty Mawn's website. Misty is a wonderful mixed media collage artist and she is featured in the September/October issue of Somerset Studio. I love the faces in her art work. They are so expressive and evoke such emotion within the viewer. Her blog is at http://mistymawn.typepad.com/my_weblog/ I loved the post she made to articulate the challenge.



I leave you with a wonderful quote found posted on spc. I love this quote and am very pleased to have found it:



“I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine.” ~ Emily Dickinson







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tess,

Beautiful quote thank you for sharing it...
I read your other blog about the accident with your head...

here is my commnet. I can't remember my account info to use blogger...

I found you through Jude's Blog-spiritcloth. What a beautiful retelling of a scary,but insightful time. I admire your honesty here. Thank you. I think we are neighbors...I live near KCMO and my husband has a friend who grew up in Junction City...it is a small world. Hope you are well!

Anyway, nice to meet you neighbor.

Laney

www.laneyloo.wordpress.com