Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poets Reading Update

Greetings this fine Veterans Day. If you missed my poetry reading today you can still hear me and other wonderful poets and authors read by logging onto http://www.internetvoicesradio.com/ Enter the site and look to the left and click on What's Happening. On the next page scroll down until you find the list of topics. You are looking for:
November 11 30 Minute Poetry with Dianne Tegarten
The entire show is there for anyone to listen to at anytime. I have to say this was a wonderful experience. I felt out of place and humbled by the quality of some of the other poets and yet when it was my turn to read it just flowed. You must listen to Christian read his poetry. He writes poetry in the written word style and it is meant to be heard with jazz in the background. Even without the music I felt the jazz. He is a wonderful poet and speaker. I was amazed at how easy this was and if you write poetry and have never read it out loud to yourself or another, please do. What you hear in your head and how it sounds when you read it may be the same and it may not be. I had to read my selections out loud several times to really get the tone I was hoping for. I was so nervous but listening back to it I don't think I came across that way. I am so grateful to Diane for giving me this opportunity. I hope you will find some time to make a cup of tea and tune in and listen to this wonderful broadcast.
Blessings to you all,
Tess

No comments: