Saturday, January 31, 2009

January's Journal Challenge - Days 30 & 31

This has been a wonderful, exciting and creative month that has ended with a not wonderful whirlwind of a week. My thoughts now are where did January go? I miss the calm and the fun of having time and energy and focused thoughts to work on Misty's Challenge, on her prompts, and on browsing and viewing others wonderful creations. I've so enjoyed her enthusiasm for art and creating. She's hoping we will all continue and have a show and tell about it once a week on Wednesdays. Read her thoughts on this here.

The washer drain leak might be fixed except now it seems to back up through the hose drain sooooo we think it's clogged under the house. But, no matter because now the washer makes a weird noise and won't agitate. Funny thing is, I really don't care. Didn't get upset or nothing. Just loaded up the van and off I went after picking up Bobbie's laundry also to the the nice, clean, laundromat I found. The cost was $22.75 to wash 7 loads of laundry. I used 5 double loaders, a triple loader and a mega loader. This time I got smart and brought all those wet clothes home and am drying them here. That will save on cash out of pocket. I wish I had a clothes line as the temps in the 60's here and windy. A great day for drying on the line as my momma says. An usual great day. tomorrow and Monday/Tuesday the weatherman is saying clear and in the 40's. I hope the forecast is right so we'll have good travel weather.

Bobbie is at home surrounded by friends while Robert is working. Raven is in heaven with "cousins" to play with and "Aunts and Uncles" to give her attention. She's received calls and cards from some relatives and is often in awe as to why people are calling her and sending her cards. Then she remembers. She is tired today so I told them to let her nap.


There is a short update on my AC site here with a couple altered pictures of Bobbie about another MRI series she is to have.

And this is the most recent journal page. I did this in the middle of the night last night. I couldn't sleep.


I think I like this drawing so much it will soon become a painting. I'll probably do one in watercolor and then one in mixed media acrylic, maybe collage a bit on it too. It's similar to something I seen in a magazine and then I had the idea of adding the words of healing. They may change. And I may not find the time to paint it but I intend too and I want to.

I must be off, gotta check that dryer, duty calls. What is it John Lennon said,
"Life is what happens when you're making other plans". Isn't that the truth......

Continue praying for Bobbie and thank you,

I believe she is in HIS hands,

Tess


6 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Tess! Love the healing words of sunshine journal page. Can't wait to see it blossom into a painting! :-)

lori vliegen said...

hi tess! i LOVE this drawing! and i agree, it would look fabulous in color, too! i hope that your laundry situation is fixed for you soon...hang in there!

Jamie said...

I am so glad you enjoyed Misty's journal journey. She is such an inspiration. Well Miss you handled that laundry and told it who's boss! Good for you rolling with it and Smart to bring it home to dry. I remember helping my Grandmother hang and take in the laundry from the line and nothing smells better.
I love it when a journal page sparks you on to make it again and really visit it and it's meanings to you.
Bobbie is in my thoughts and so are you Tess. Good luck with the MRI today. Love, Jamie

Martha Lever said...

Yes, she sure is in HIS hands. This is a lovely drawing. Can't wait to se it painted.

Sending Pages Out to Dry said...

And will you post the variations? I hope so. I'm enjoying hopscotching from blog to blog thanks to Misty's January challenge. I like your blog; it's very rich.
alicia

lori vliegen said...

hi tess!!! i'm so excited! i just came from my mailbox and your wonderful giveaway package was in there waiting for me! boy, you sure spoiled me with all of those wonderful goodies, and i treasure your artwork! i'm going to put some photos on my blog this week! thanks again, tess, for your generosity and big heart! many hugs! :)