Tuesday, October 6, 2009


Greetings all,
I have some wonderful news to share.
Billie and Derek (a self portrait)
My lovely youngest daughter has started an account on imagekind. Billie Jo is a wonderful amateur photographer. She has been behind a camera since she was a child. I would say photography is more an obsession with her than a hobby. I've always felt she should pursue photography as a career. Billie and my son-in-law both found themselves unemployed Dec.31st, 2008 when the factory they both worked at downsized by eliminating an entire shift. My son-in-law has since gone back to school. LAst night I mentioned using her photography as a way to possibly bring in some much needed funds and she went for it.

Please do take the time to visit Billie Jo on imagekind. Leave her some comment encouragement too and maybe even make a purchase if you feel so inclined. She only has 2 photos submitted so far but I am positive with some encouragement (from other than mom) she will be adding more.

A few photos courtesy of Billie Jo:

A Kansas sunset over the lake.

View from the ferris wheel.

She loves this face.


And this one too. (They have 5 cats)


Their God daughter, Aria. (Her favorite photo subject.)

Thanks for taking a peek and have a wonderful rest of the week.

Tess

5 comments:

lori vliegen said...

hi tess! i'm sorry to hear about the work layoffs, but so glad that billie jo has another outlet! you know the saying "when a door closes, God always opens a window"! her photographs are beautiful....i wish her all the best.....and i wish you a wonderful week ahead!! :))

Anne said...

Hi, Tess! Billie takes lovely photographs! :-)

Mescrap said...

Billie has talent in photography. Wish her all the best in new career.

winnsangels said...

thanks for telling us about your daughter's photography. I will wish her all the best.
angels be with you

peggy gatto said...

I just went to visit and love the whole set up, framing and all!
Great accomplishment!
Give her my best!!!