Friday, January 1, 2010

The First Day of 2010

Happy 2010 Everyone,


Here it is the end of the First Day of 2010. I trust you all had a safe and happy New Years Eve. I spent mine at home with my Mr. and my online friends. We had Pizza and Chicken Wings and a few glasses of Strawberry White Zinfandel. I even managed a game of Scrabble online with one of my brothers. It was quiet around here and just what I needed. We almost forgot to watch the ball drop. A relaxed and calm late night after a day of stressed work was just what I needed to end a long year that had many happenings. I was given more gray hairs with the thought of losing my oldest daughter to a brain tumor and have a wonderful blessing of the tumor being removed and non cancerous. She is doing well. I gained a step father this year too. Henry is a sweet, sweet man and makes my mom so happy. Many things I worried about and many things made me happy and joyful. I woke this morning feeling great. No headache, no achy back or knees. It was a good day, a good start to a new year. I even ran into mom and Henry at the grocery store and had a call from the youngest daughter today.


I read on Misty Mawn's blog that she is going to do another January Journaling event. For the first week of January she has suggested altering a photo we took in our journal. I have decided to play along. I even got out a sheet of heavy watercolor paper and used Teesha Moore's 16 page Journal instructions to create a new journal. I did it from memory of the first one I made and I used the heavier weight Fabriano paper and my new Reeves water color set to paint the cover background. Tomorrow I will add a photo and some lettering to create my 2010 New Year journal. It is just a bit smaller than Teesha's and only 12 pages but I think I will be able to make a wonderful January 2010 Journal with it by working in it a bit everyday or every other day. And with 12 pages I will be able to use each prompt on a few pages every week.


How was your first day of the New Year?


May you find many blessings this new year. Continue to follow your dreams, create your bliss and list them with your favorite pen during 2010. (Hey that rhymed, I love it!!)


Be Happy, Be Healthy, and most of all ~ Be Yourself,

Tess

4 comments:

Christy said...

Tess this was one of the best end of year/start of new year posts I've read. You have had a roller coaster year in 2009 and have many blessings to enjoy in 2010. My best wishes to you and your family for a wonderful and joyful year.

Martha Lever said...

Yes, it has surely been a blessed year! I will have to look into Misty's journal prompt. Thanks!!!

Teresa aka Tess said...

Thank You Christy for your kind remark about this post. I do wish both you and Martha many blessings during 2010 and thank you both for consistently commenting on my blog posts. I appreciate all of my followers immensely.

turquoise cro said...

Happy New Year Tess!! My daughter Gina just got back home safe and sound, Thank GOD! to SC around 7, starting out around 9:30 am from a snowy wild and wonderful WV!!Blessings to YOU and YOURS!!!