Sunday, June 6, 2010

More Christian Nursery Rhymes

Happy Sunday Folks,
I bet you all thought I forgot about posting more Christian Nursery Rhymes. Nope, just been busy today is all. And hasn't it been a glorious Sunday?! We bought a new mail box today and after digging up the old one and weeding around it we "planted" the new one and some vica flowers. It looks much better. I also napped this afternoon. Just felt like I needed it.
So here are a few more Christian Mother Goose Rhymes from my new book written by Marjorie Ainsborough Decker. (If you missed it you can read my first post about this book here.)
Little Boy Blue
Little Boy Blue,
Come blow your horn,
The sheep's in the stable
Where the Savior is born.
Where is the boy
Who looks after the sheep?
Watching Baby Jesus,
Fast asleep.
~~~
Little Bo-Peep
Little Bo-Peep
Has lost her sheep
And doesn't know where
To find them;
But Jesus knows
And can bring them home,
Wagging their tails behind them.
~~~
Hickory Dickory Dock
Hickory, dickory, dock,
The church mouse ran up the clock.
The clock struck ten,
The mouse said, "Amen,"
Hickory, dickory, dock.
~~~
And one last Rhyme that seems to fit the season:
Mistress Mary
Mistress Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
God sends rain and sun,
and then one by one
flowers pop up in a row.
I hope you all liked the rhymes I chose for this Sunday post. I'll be back next Sunday with more Christian Mother Goose Rhymes. This book is so much fun.
Praying you all have a wonderful start of the week.

Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be You,
Tess

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh these are really lovely. I adore the Mistress Mary one :)
jay x

Mescrap said...

You are always such lovely.
Thank you for your encouragement words.