Sunday, June 5, 2011

Asymmetrical Composition



Greetings fellow bloggers,

My apologies for not being around much. I have been in a bit of an artsy/crafty slump as well as very busy. (Aren't we all, busy that is?!) I've been to a wedding of a friends daughter and then to a reception for one of hubbies co-workers. Chiatra was married in India. It was so much fun trying out Indian foods and watching the video of her marriage ceremony while at her reception here.

We've also been doing a lot of yard work here and at Bobbie Jo's place. Bobbie is doing good but just cannot handle the yard work by herself. Hubby and I have also planted a pot garden. we have cherry tomatoes hanging in an upside down planter and a big pot with roma tomatoes. Also a big pot with bell pepper plants and another pot with snap peas. I already have pea pods forming and flowers on the cherry tomato plant.

Yesterday I was cleaning the weeds and such out of my rose bush that was dug up and transplanted here by me after my grandfather died many years ago. I had a terrible mishap and cut a good chunk out at the base. So we have decided to try to get it to root. Right now it is in water but hubby has been researching the process and we think we are going to attempt the sand and soil mixture in a pot with a plastic bag over the rose bush technique. I hope this works because if it does we should end up with 3 clippings plants and my mom has been wanting a piece for her new home for a while. I just had never attempted doing a cutting because I did not know how. I hope this works.

So to try to get out of the artsy/crafty slump I decided to take an online class over at Big Picture Classes. Since I really enjoy Collage I decided to try Claudine Hellmuth's Composition for Collage class. I love Claudine's art and liked that the class is self paced. You can still join in until June 8th . Above is my first asymmetrical composition collage attempt using Claudine's downloads. I just thought that sweet little girl was begging for wings.

So what have you all been up to?

Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Safe,

Tess

4 comments:

Heavens2Betsy said...

Hi Tess, love your asymmetrical piece, it works really well. You and I sound as tho' we have so much in common. I am crazy for growing veggies and poetry too and all my early stuff ended up in the bin ... like you, I so regret that now. I look forward to getting to know you better here. penny x

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Tess! Hope you enjoy the class! I've had Claudine as a teacher before and she is so sweet! Beautiful collage you've made! :-)

Terri said...

Oh this is amazing for your first one! Claudine is a great teacher isn't she! I love the measuring tape at the bottom and the birdcage too. It all works well.
Hugs,
Terri

di from di-did-it said...

There always seems to be a lot of yard & garden work to do, doesn't there? Bummer about your rose but hopefully you've saved it and it will flourish again. And good for you for taking a class to help get out of your slump. Classes can be very inspirational. Enjoy!