Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Horizon Line

Still playing along with Claudine Helmuth in her online Collage Composition class. I am so far behind. She's posted week 4 and I was just finishing up week 2. I've viewed most of week 3 but am not sure if I am going to like the vignette college or not.



Heading home after a long trip and the homestead is in site. (Horizon Line Composition)Calendar page for background, collage elements supplied in downloads by Claudine, watercolor pencils and crayons. I really enjoyed watching this come together. I thouhgt the background fit perfectly and all I had to do was spritz it with some glimmer mist.


She never feared the storm when he was by her side.


This one is on water color paper. I found the focal image in a very old Readers Digest and knew instantly it would be a horizon line image. Claudine supplied the boat image and sheet music. Water color crayons, glimmer mist and ink.


I found Claudine's book Collage Discovery Workshop on Amazon.com for a very good price and snatched it up. I love that I'm taking her online class and found her book at the same time. I'm really enjoying browsing through it before I sit for a marathon read. I need to focus on the class and start a vignette piece. There are so many Uber talented people taking her class and I'm loving browsing through the gallery and seeing how everyone elses using her collage sheet downloads.


I also found Misty Mawn's book Unfurling on Amazon at a really inexpensive price so bought it too. But then that is a whole nother story....



Be Happy, Be Healthy, Be Safe,


Tess

P.S. Don't fall down stairs while carrying an awkwardly shaped box. It really hurts and makes for some awful aches and pains and bruises.

1 comment:

Bigbluebed said...

Hello

Congratulations you won my blog giveaway
http://bigbluebed.blogspot.com/2011/07/and-winner-is.html

Can you please contact me with your email address. Thank you.
Alix of Bigbluebed