Thursday, April 2, 2009

Through Hard Work and Perseverence...

Bobbie has yet again bestowed a wondrous gift upon me. With a shining smile and giggly, wiggly step we made our way back to St. Francis Hospital today (actually yesterday as I just noticed it's past midnight) for a post-op cat scan and a visit with the neurosurgeon. The cat scan is clean, yep, it looks good. No trace of the tumor attempting to regrow. Yippee!! She goes in 6 weeks to visit with the rehab Dr. again and then has another cat scan 6 months from now. Dr. Ebeling said if that one looks good then there would be another every 2 years for a while just to keep an eye on the area and to be sure it's not trying top come back. Oh and the line between the two hemispheres was straight as it should be. Wonderful news.

And that gift I mentioned, well it seems a fellow blogger found need to bestow an award upon me in honor of Bobbie. So it is to Bobbie I dedicate the awesome


Bestowed upon us by none other than "Distracted By Shiny Objects" over at the A Tiding of Magpies blog.

The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all...

Now I am certain that the fact that I am a fan of zombie movies, as is Bobbie, and the fact that I watched the movie "The Land of the Dead" with my husband this evening had nothing to do with this award. Or did it! So as not to incur the wrath of the zombie chickens I too shall choose to pass on this amazing award to 5 unsuspecting souls. Who shall it be? Let's see.....


How about

1. Turqouise CRO Thyme


2. Misty Mawn


3. Lori at elvie studio

4. Diane at Duda Daze

And of course

5. Marilyn at As Seen Through My Eyes


All 5 of these wonderful bloggers and so many more have laid words of wisdom upon my heart these past months and I just couldn't think of any better way to say Thank You.


And now it's their turn....

Who will they honor with the

??? :-)

Hugs and Good Night,

Tess


3 comments:

Summer Gypsy said...

OH, TESS! What a wonderful doctor's report for you and Bobbie!!! I know that you are both ecstatic!!! Congratulations on your award!!! I'm up at 4 a.m. feeding 2 cats who would not let me sleep after their bowls were empty!! Have a great Wednesday!!
Hugs,
Marilyn

lori vliegen said...

hi tess! i'm so happy to hear the great Bobbie update! truly, truly is answered prayer!! and thank you so much for my zombie chickens award!! i'm so honored that you would choose me for this...those little guys are TOO cute!! hee hee
:)

Anne said...

Congratulations on the great news from the doctor! And on the blog award! Wooo-hooo! :-)