Saturday, September 20, 2008

Postcrossings Update



Greetings Friends - Old and New,
I had a wonderful surprise in my mail box today.
You may remember in one of my earlier blogs I had told about finding a new to me website, postcrossings.com. I had decided to join and requested four names. I created my own postcard using a photograph I had recently taken and I mailed out a postcard to Pennsylvania, Gremany, Croatia and Finland. On postcrossings.com you can track when the cards you sent arrived. The one I sent to a college student in Pennsylvania arrived in 4 days, Finland took 8 days and Croatia took 11 days. The one I sent to Germany has not been registered as arriving yet. So far travel time is listed as 11 days. But what about my surprise today...

I recieved a post card from Ria in New Mexico today; and another from Alex in Germany. Ria sent a wonderful card depicting wildlife in the Southwest. A reminder of why I loved visiting and living there so much. I spent a week, twice, at Philmont Scout Center in Cimmarron, New Mexico. But that is another story.
Alex sent a photograph he had taken himself of part of the "Sony Center" in Berlin. Judging by his post card he is a good photographer.

So my post card collection has been started. I have a feeling this is going to be alot of fun and maybe addictive. I have requested 2 more names and will be sending a card to Florida and another to Germany this week. I love getting e-mails but I think "snail mail" really is the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tess,

What a great idea. I loved having penpals as a kid, had one from Ireland, Isreal, Egypt and Australia...have wished I knew how they were now...it would be fun to do this with my son, especially once he masters reading! Thanks for the info.
Thank you also for all the comments!

Laney
www.laneyloo.wordpress.com