Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Happy September

 

                             My version of a Picasso

Happy September Everyone, 

It's so good to be out of August and headed for cooler days. August was a hard month for me and many in my family. I lost my husband 1 year ago in August. My stepdad, who seldom left the house, somehow contracted COVID and subsequently passed away under hospic care. He had several other underlying illnesses including diabetes and cancer. Then I was tested positive and my mom and then my granddaughter. We buried my stepdad in August. My Uncle lost a niece this year in August and he was afraid to go see his brother. My cousins lost an Aunt this past month too. I used to love the month of August because it was the year I became a grandmother 22 years ago. I will still always celebrate her day, August 4th; but after that I just don't know! My mom challenged me to read Psalms91 in the bible every day this week...such comforting words. 

I look forward to getting better and mom and Raven too so we can get out of quarantine. I want to do more yardwork and have the energy to clean more around the house, sanitize and all. I want to go fishing in my husbands favorite spot. It's been over a year since his passing and I have yet to be able to go there. I want to go there and spread some of his ashes into the lake. Then I'll know he's fishing with me. He loved going fishing but had no energy to do so the last year of his life. 

I didn't want this to be a sad post but a happy one. We got through August and September with cooler days ahead of us. Yeah! My daughter, Billie Jo, loves the fall and winter months. I know she's happy to be out of the August heat. I hope September is cooler anyway.

I pray you all stay healthy and happy. Wear your masks in public as this COVID isnt over yet. Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them daily. Enjoy a sunrise or a sunset. Roast some marshmallows and hotdogs on a cool evening over a campfire. Be kind to ane another and our earth. Pray for those who lost there lives in Afghanistan and those affected by Hurricane Ida. 

Untill next time...

Be Happy, Be Healthy and Be Safe,

Teresa aka Tess



1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

love your bouquet!!! Stay well!